Has your child been diagnosed with ADHD? Before you put your child on Ritalin, a compound that has marked similarities to amphetamines and actions consistent with watered down cocaine, try a nutrition-based therapy.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) does not need to be a life sentence of drugged up sub-optimal living.
No doubt, genetic susceptibility plays into the ADHD paradigm but that goes for everything. Whatever your state of being, good or bad, has to do with how you bathe your genes.
I find it to be a modern day miracle that more people aren’t suffering from ADHD, depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar, schizophrenia, and the like, given the laboratory-derived concoctions we douse our bodies with on a daily basis.
Considerations for ADHD
- Consider the Red No. 40, Yellow No. 5, MSG, aspartame, Splenda, partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, caffeine (Monster drinks, Red Bull, Soda, coffee), phosphorus (soda pop) and refined sugars.
- Consider the refined foods and naked grains they are consuming.
- Consider the hormone-buffed and corn-stuffed meats they are putting on their sandwiches.
- Consider the hours of mind-numbing television and video games their brains are being exposed to.
If you or your child are consuming items such as JELL-O, Lucky Charms, Pop-Tarts, Butterfingers, Skittles, Hostess Twinkies or Frito-Lay Doritos, to name a few, you should fully expect marked neurological dysfunction. It is only natural!!!
Nutrition-based therapies for ADHD can be EXTREMELY beneficial!!! In fact, 8-10% of school-age children are considered to be on the ADHD spectrum. There are plenty of children who are suffering and in most cases, I would suggest needlessly.
Therapy for ADHD
- Get significant time outdoors away from artificial light and hypnotic entertainment.
- Avoid possible food sensitivities (start with gluten, refined sugars, dairy, chocolate, citrus, peanuts, eggs, soy) —an elimination and reintroduction diet may be in order.
- Eliminate synthetic sweeteners (aspartame, Splenda, sucralose, NutraSweet, potentially even sugar alcohols like erythritol and xylitol), food coloring and other non-food substances.
- Test for heavy metals and nutrient optimization/balance (Magnesium, Zinc, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, B vitamins, zinc, copper)
- Neuro-Optimal Neurofeedback
You have to realize that getting ADHD under control isn’t an overnight affair. Just like any other chronic condition, you must set forth a lifestyle conducive to the sustaining of life.
I know it is not easy.
Our current available knowledge has given everyone the opportunity for abundant health. However, the societal pace rarely allows us to utilize and practice that knowledge.
You simply have to choose what lane you want to live in. You will at no point look back on your decision as a parent to create an environment overloaded with health opportunity for your child and say, “I wish I wouldn’t have put forth the effort.”
General Nutritional Support Considerations for ADHD
- Evening Primrose oil coupled with high potency Fish Oil
- Flaxseed oil with Vitamin C
- Amino acid combinations (after testing and monitored by your health provider)
What have you found to be helpful for ADHD?
I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.