Today I’m sharing two of my family’s favorite sprouted granola recipes. Once you try homemade granola, you won’t want to go back to store-bought granola.
Pair granola with goat kefir (we love Redwood Hill Farm), goat whey protein powder, organic berries, and cinnamon for a delicious and protein-packed breakfast. Check out this post on how to start your morning with 30 grams of protein how for other protein-packed breakfast ideas.
Sprouted Granola Recipe
7 cups sprouted oats
1 tablespoon buckwheat flour
1 cup rye flakes
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
½ cup coconut oil, melted
1 can fill fat coconut milk
2 cups filtered water
4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon Redmond Real salt or Himalayan salt
2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped almonds
Mix the first 7 ingredients in large bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a cloth and let sit for 12 to 24 hours.
- After the soaking, preheat oven to 200° F.
- Place maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla in a glass measuring cup in a small pot of warm water on the stove. Bring water to a gentle simmer, stirring mixture until melted and mixed thoroughly.
- Combine the maple syrup and oat mixture. Spread the mixture out over two large parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake for 4-8 hours, or until granola is dry and mostly crisp.
- After a couple of hours in the oven you may want to slightly break up the granola and stir it around to allow for faster cooking/drying time.
- When granola is mostly crisp, turn off oven and leave baking sheets inside with door closed until completely cooled.
- Add in almond slices at end
- Store in air tight container (we put in a couple large plastic ziplocks in freezer)
Dr. Ama’s Homemade Granola
1 24oz bag of glyphosate-free thick sprouted oats (One Degree brand)
1¹/₂ cups sliced almonds
1¹/₂ cups pecans
3/4 cup grass-fed butter melted
2 TBSP vanilla extract
1/2 cup organic large unsweetened coconut flakes (Trader Joe’s)
2 heaping TBSP of Ceylon cinnamon (Frontier brand)
1/4 cup organic maple syrup
Mix all together and bake on 2 large cookie sheets covered in parchment paper. If your cookie sheets are new then you don’t really need parchment paper.
Bake at 275 for 1 hour mixing every 15 minutes so it doesn’t burn. Add to yogurt and berries.