Nasal breathing has been shown to increase nitric oxide production by up to 25%. Nitric oxide promotes blood flow, improved memory, cell to cell communication and general cardiovascular wellness.
Nasal breathing promotes oral health. A dry mouth from mouth breathing promotes cavities because our teeth are not being bathed in saliva throughout the night as they should be. Saliva enables tooth remineralization and optimal oral pH.
- Mouth breathers are more like to have sleep disorders and attention hyperactivity disorder.
- Nasal breathing freshens our breath.
- Nasal breathing positively changes neurochemical dynamics in our brain making sleep more restorative and enhancing overall well-being.
Sauna therapy has many benefits, including
- Increased growth hormone
- Reduced protein degradation
- Increased insulin sensitivity, and increased brain-derived neurotrophic factors, crucial for brain health.
- Increased heat shock proteins that activate lymphocytes. The lymphocytes promote the synthesis of anti-cancer interferons to strengthen the body’s immune system.
Shop High Tech Health Saunas or call 800.794.5355 and receive a special discount when you tell them you were referred by Dr. Matt Angove!
Cell Phone Cases
Several leading doctors and scientists have stated cell phone radiation and radiation from other personal electronic devices is linked to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, behavioral problems, asthma, insomnia, autism, childhood obesity, cardiac stress, and ADD.
Here are some steps we can all take to reduce our exposure:
- Keep your phone and other devices on airplane mode
- Use your speaker phone and avoid direct contact to skin
- Keep your phone out of your pocket and clothing as much as possible
- Minimize your children’s exposure to electronic devices and try to create a zero direct WIFI exposure environment for your kids.
- Use a corded phone whenever accessible
- Avoid using your laptop or tablet on your lap
Since smart phones have become such a normal and expected part of life, getting a SafeSleeve is a great idea to further reduce exposure.
Shop SafeSleeve Cases
Clean Air and Pure Water
IQ Air Purifier
Air Quality is so HUGE! Even more so for our kiddos.
Consider the following: When you turn on your furnace, air conditioner or exhaust fans, your home may become negatively pressurized, an effect that causes indoor air to suck in pollutants from basements, wall cavities, attics and crawl spaces.
TO PREVENT THIS, keep all interior doors open and crack one window on each floor when furnace or fans are running. Change furnace filters when you see grime buildup or once every six months.
Shop IQ Air Purifiers
Berkey Water Purifier
Berkey water purifiers are my go-to at home and in the office, because they do a great job of removing most of the worst contaminants in our water supply at a very small price tag. They also do not require electricity and don’t remove any of the beneficial minerals from the water.
Berkey water filters remove VOCs, bacteria, chemicals, fluoride (when you add a fluoride filter), chlorine, chloramines, nitrates, nitrites, parasites, and other heavy metals.
I recommend getting the fluoride filter add-on if you are on city water.